Effective Date: September 8, 2023
**Information We Collect**
We collect information in two ways: data you provide voluntarily and data collected automatically during your interactions with our services.
When you access our website, our servers automatically log standard data provided by your web browser. This data includes your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, pages visited, date and time of your visit, time spent on each page, and technical details related to any encountered errors. Although this data may not personally identify you, it could potentially be combined with other information to do so.
We may request the following personal information:
– Email address
– Social media profiles
– Date of birth
– Phone/mobile number
– Home/mailing address
**Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information**
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason to do so, and only to the extent necessary to provide our services.
**Collection and Use of Information**
We may collect personal information when you:
– Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
– Contact us via email, social media, or similar technologies
– Mention us on social media
We use this information for the following purposes:
– Personalizing your website experience
– Contacting and communicating with you
– Conducting analytics, market research, and business development
– Advertising and marketing, including sending promotional materials about our products, services, and third-party offerings
– Evaluating employment applications
– Internal record-keeping and administrative functions
We may also combine the information we collect from you with data from other trusted sources for research and general purposes.
**Security of Your Personal Information**
We employ commercially acceptable measures to protect your personal information from loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. However, please note that no electronic transmission or storage method is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with applicable data breach laws.
You are responsible for selecting a secure password and ensuring the security of your information within our services.
Our products and services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
**Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties**
We may disclose personal information to:
– Our parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies
– Third-party service providers, such as IT service providers, data storage, hosting, advertisers, and analytics platforms
– Our employees, contractors, related entities, agents, or business partners
– Sponsors or promoters of competitions, sweepstakes, or promotions we run
– Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law or to establish, exercise, or defend legal rights
– Third parties that assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
**International Transfers of Personal Information**
**Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information**
You have the right to withhold personal information from us, understanding that it may affect your experience on our website. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. If you provide personal information, we will collect, hold, use, and disclose it according to this policy.
You can request details of the personal information we hold about you. If you believe that any information we have is inaccurate, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us to make corrections.
If you have previously agreed to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time. We may require specific information to confirm your identity for such requests.
If you believe we have violated data protection laws, please contact us to file a complaint. We will promptly investigate and respond to your complaint. You also have the option to contact a data protection authority.
**Limits of Our Policy**
Our website may contain links to external sites not operated by us. We have no control over their content or privacy practices and disclaim responsibility or liability for them.
**Changes to This Policy**
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, please contact us using the following details: [Contact Us](https://grocerylistjamaica.com/privacypolicy/)
Thank you for trusting Grocerylistjamaica with your personal information. Your privacy is our priority.